Sunday, May 20, 2012

Babies

What to Expect:

A Grammy Pics "Baby" session includes ages 8 weeks to 1 year old. This can be a one-time portrait shoot, or a "Baby's First Year" series by scheduling a Grammy Pics session for 3, 6 and 9 months and then an extended 1st birthday shoot. 



When you schedule a Grammy Pics Baby session, we will begin by discussing in detail your desires for your baby's portraits. Weather permitting, I'm happy to shoot on location within an hour travel time from my home. I can also suggest several outdoor locations I have used previously. If indoor shooting is needed or preferred, I will come to your home with all the equipment necessary to create a mini-studio on site. 

I am a completely natural light photographer, so the first thing I'll do upon arrival is spend a few minutes locating the best place to photograph your baby in the light available. If an outdoor shoot is scheduled, we will work for a time of day that provides the most flattering light and reschedule as necessary when our Oregon weather interferes. I currently do not have a private studio space.

A Grammy Pics Baby session will usually last between 1 and 2 hours, including setup and tear-down. I always come with a plan in mind and a variety of props and backdrops to put that plan into action. Babies have their own ideas, however, and part of capturing beautiful baby pictures is going with their flow. 

While a particular theme or props may be requested, these things will remain flexible and tentative. My vision for your baby's Grammy Pics will always be fluid enough to change and develop during the course of the baby's shoot as your little one's personality, preferences and mood come into play. 

If you have particular items you wish included in your baby's photos - a special blankie, favorite toy, family heirloom, etc. - be sure to mention this in your pre-session planning conversation so that I can do my best to incorporate them as I'm able. 
Once shooting begins, I will spend as long as necessary to capture the best images I am able of your baby. I won't say we're "done" until I'm sure we have several good images to use. This may take an hour or several as we find out what works best for your baby, stop for snacks, comforting, diaper-changes and even quick naps as needed.


A maximum of 8 hours of editing time is included with your session fee which will limit the number of images provided. While I usually end up with hundreds of exposures to sort through, your final edited images will be narrowed down to between a minimum of 20 and up to 40 files. If you have special editing requests (black and white, sepia, etc.), please mention those before your shoot ends. I cannot promise additional editing time to go back and add special processing to your images. 



What to Plan For:

  • Do your best to schedule your Grammy Pics session for a time of day during which Baby is most likely to be at his or her best. A well-fed, rested baby is much more likely to be cheerful and playful for the camera than a little one overdue for a nap or just home from getting shots.
  • Plan to have snacks on hand or be ready for between-shots feedings as needed. My goal is too keep Baby happy. Bring along or have ready whatever "happy" is for your baby - snacks, comfort items, favorite toys, etc.
  • Bring/have on hand several outfits you would love to see your baby wear in his/her pictures. Make sure to point out any "must-haves" so we can start with those. Those tiny toes, perfect skin, squishable rolls and kissable cheeks are so sweet and adorable when babies are still tiny that I often prefer to keep them in their "birthday suit" for many of their shots. If this is something you are uncomfortable with, please be sure to mention this in when you schedule your session.
  • Don't forget the accessories! While I have a growing selection of bits and pieces, be sure to bring along a collection of your favorite headbands, hats, booties, etc.


Questions/Special Requests

If you have any questions or special requests regarding your Grammy Pics session, please make sure to mention them when scheduling your appointment. My goal is for every family to both enjoy their Grammy Pics session and be completely happy with the results. The more information and expectations shared at the beginning, the better able I will be to reach that goal. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment